Monday, January 19, 2009

The night before preschool

{ a dialog with myself }
Where has the time gone. Wasn't it just last week that I spent the entire day taking care of two little ones running & yelling Mommy? Tomorrow they are going to school. What will my mornings consist of now? Now that my house will be empty from 9:00 until 11:30 everyday. 

Now Carrie, (I hear in my mind), it's only 2 1/2 hours a day. I am sure you can think of plenty of things to with yourself while they are away having fun, making new friends, and learning so many new things.

It's true. I can think of many things I'd love to do, but before now have not had the time to devote to it.  There's finally taking time for myself to workout without interruptions, praying, working on artwork, Knitting for Rocking Yak, this blog, Etsy... the list goes on.
But after having Nona & Jacob with me, all day long for 5 years, I feel a little misplaced not having them here every morning.

Are you telling m,e ( again, in my mind), that throughout those 5 years, you would not have longed to have just 2 hours a day to yourself?

Well, no, I would have loved to have that time. Just now that I have it, & the kids are going to school, I suddenly feel a bit lost.

I do hope I am not the only mom who feels this way upon sending her children off to school...

No comments:

Post a Comment